DT-600 – Rheometer longitudinal
– Characterizes visco-elastic longitudinal properties of Newtonian and non-Newtonian liquids of any composition. For details see the following paper:
– Transmitting piezo-crystal launches ultrasound pulses into the sample. These ultrasound pulses exert longitudinal stress on the sample. Visco-elastic response from the liquid reduces magnitude of the pulse and affects speed of the pulse propagation. Receiving transducer receives weaker ultrasound pulse, converts it to electric pulse and sends to electronics. Attenuation of ultrasound pulses determines viscous properties of the sample. Sound speed – elastic.
– Measurement made for a set of frequencies from 1 to 100 Mhz.
– Software calculates
– Liquid compressibility from the sound speed at single frequency.
– Bulk viscosity for Newtonian liquids.
– Longitudinal viscosity of non_Newtonian liquids at frequencies 1 to 100 MHz
– Viscous and elastic longitudinal modulus G’ and G”
– Verifies Newtonian nature of the liquid.
– Automatically adjustable signal to noise ratio.
– Automatic sound speed correction.
– Required minimum sample volume is 15 mL.
– Total weight is about 20 kg (60 pounds).